Here are a few questions from new residential and new business customers that we want to
- Is this fiber all the way to my home?
When building/home infrastructure allows we run fiber all the way into the home. Often we have to use existing CAT5 (copper) cabling within a building and then use a fiber to copper handoff device. We are able to provide 1 Gigabit service over the CAT5 cable.
- No copper anywhere? No DSLAMs or other legacy equipment?
There is no copper upstream within the PAXIO network. Once a circuit is converted to fiber, it is fiber all the way through the network.
- Who is your upstream provider? If you're Tier 1, how many ISPs do you peer with?
We have multiple upstream providers and we also peer with large content providers such as Netflix, Apple, Amazon etc.
- Is the 1Gbps symmetrical?
- What is your over-provisioning ratio?
All customers in the PAXIO network are active ethernet - there is no GPON / sharing of bandwidth
- What is your handoff interface?
We use a Fiber to Copper Handoff device manufactured by Genexis.
- How do you provision IP addresses? Static or DHCP? If static, how many IPs?
DHCP customers are allocated 1 DHCP address as IPv4 addresses are a constrained resource. Residential customers may purchase 1 or 5 static IPs if they wish. Business customers can purchase larger static IP blocks.